Everyone is a fan of pie. No matter whether its parties or some get to gether the very common dessert that finds its place irrespective of any festive ocassion is pie. Fun doubles when we actually make them and then serve them in the parties with our own blend of flavours and taste. So don’t rely on bakeries when you can easily make better homemade lemon meringue pie them in just few steps. All you need to is spare a few time and observe the detailed steps carefully and in no time there will be a lemon meringue pie recipe ready just to be served to your friends and family. So here are the steps to make lemon meringue pie at home:
Ingredients for lemon pie:-
for the pie crust
- all-purpose flour: 300-gram
- powder sugar: 2 tsp
- salt: 1/4 tsp
- unsalted butter: 200-gram
- ice water: 4 spoon
- egg:1 (for egg wash)
- Heavy cream2 tsp (for egg wash)
For the Filling
- Lemon: 5
- salt 1/4 tsp
- Powder sugar: 250g
- water 1 1/4 cup
- corn starch 50g, (1 tablespoon extra corn starch for a firmer filling if desired.)
- egg yolks: 5
- butter: 50g
For the Italian meringue
- sugar 275g
- water 50g
- egg whites: 5
- salt: 1/4 tsp
- cream/tarter: 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Lemon meringue pie recipe Step By Step(With Photos):
- first of all, take all-purpose flour in a mixer jar.
2. then add 2 tsp sugar, 1/4 tsp salt and 200 gram of unsalted butter and mix it.
3. now add ice water and mix it nicely.
4. Wrap it in plastic wrap or a ziplock bag and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
5. now, remove it from plastick and flatten out a circle at least 1 inch larger than the pie pan. (you can use some dry all-purpose flour here so so it doesn’t stick to the board.)
6. now hold the dough and ease it into the pie pan without stretching and unfold to fit the pan.with a knife cut the dough one inch larger than the pie pan. Fold the edge and crimp the edge with both thumb and one index finger.
7. Add tin foil to keep your pie crust propped up. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
8. now make an egg wash with egg and heavy cream. and brush the crust with the egg wash.
9. now, tent the crust to foil around the sides. and back it 15 minutes more 375 degrees temperature.
10. and my pie crust is ready.
now keep pie crust one side and let’s make for crust filling…
11. Take 2 lemons and zest it. (u can add some more zest for zingier flavor)
12. now Squeeze 3-4 lemons and Whisk together.
13. now take 5 egg yolks and keep egg whites in another bowl.
14. now whisk egg yolks.
15. Now, in a medium pot add sugar, salt, lemon juice and zest, and water and whisk it to all.
16. and now add corn starch and whisk it again. You don’t want clumps!
17. Place on medium-high heat and whisk continuously until thickened. About 5 minutes or more.
18. slowly thickened will start to come. and it will become like this.
19. Ones the mixture is thickened it’s time to temper the eggs. take a little bit of mixture and mix it.
20. now Add the egg mixture to the pot while whisking and return to medium-high heat for 2 minutes of whisking overheat.
21. Now, Add in butter and stir until all is melted.
22. and then remove it to pie crust. and keep in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
23. now take a 1 cup of sugar and add 50-gram water and boil it to 240-degree temperature.
24. Beat the egg whites, salt and cream of tartar and start beating it.
25. slowly add in 1/3 cup of sugar and continue beating until soft peaks form.
26. Drizzle the sugar water into the mixer immediately. Run mixer until meringue is tepid. Add the vanilla.
27. Now transfer it into a cold lemon pie.
28. and torch it with kitchen torch nicely.
29. and now lemon meringue pie is ready to serve.
- The egg wash will prevent your crust from getting soggy so it’s a very important step.
- Add more lemon juice and zest for an even zingier flavour! remember to subtract an equal amount of water from the recipe.
- if you don’t have kitchen torch then you can buy from here. [CLICK HERE]
Got the perfect partner of food for the parties and gatherings. Enjoy your own lemon meringue pie. If you have any doubt of this recipe. then hit the comment section below. Thank you!