For those who are bored of the same old chicken and veggie combination here, we bring to you Creole chicken and sausage gumbo recipe. This dish is a perfect exception of the same old chicken veggie stuffing. As it is new to most of the readers we assure with simple steps to make a wonderful dish to satisfy your hunger in a not so common way.
- 1 lb smoked sausage sliced in coins
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 12 oz bag frozen okra and tomatoes optional
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 finely diced onion
- 1 finely diced green bell pepper
- 2 finely diced celery stalks
- 1 T finely chopped parsley
- 2 T chopped green onions
- 1 T crushed or minced garlic
- 8 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- 2 tsp Accent seasoning optional
- Creole or Cajun seasoning to taste
- 1/2 tsp Gumbo file
- warm white rice to serve
Season the chicken thighs with 1 T of Creole or Cajun seasoning, In the sausage drippings, sear the chicken thighs 1-2 mins per side.
Add in the frozen okra and tomatoes, Stir until the okra is no longer slimy, Set aside.
So the next time we think of a chicken and veggie combo we know exactly what to make and serve and be sure that it will be uncommon among most of the people.