Cooking food is not a difficult task but to find out what is the best option to cook to provide a healthy and tasteful stuff for serving is surely a not so easy one. Food which is healthy at the same time delicious is no doubt every chef’s dream and every consumer’s first option in the wishlist. In this article, we will talk about the tiramisu recipe. This dish besides being an easy to cook also has the perfect mixture of taste and nutrition. Follow the given steps to embrace your kitchen with this dish.
- 5 large egg yolks
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp (125g) Sugar
- 1 2/3 cups (400ml) Heavy cream, cold
- 14 oz (425g) Mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1½ cups brewed espresso
- 36-40 Savoiardi biscuits (Ladyfingers)
- 2-3 tablespoons coffee liqueur/marsala/brandy
- Cacao for dusting
Make the coffee syrup:
Mix hot coffee with the liqueur, pour into a large dish and set aside to cool.
Make the filling:
Place egg yolks and sugar in a large heatproof bowl.
set over a pot with simmering water (bain-marie). Make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. start whisking constantly, until the sugar is dissolved, and the custard thickens.
remove the bowl from heat and let cool. Add the mascarpone, vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
You will get this consistency.
In a separate bowl whip cold heavy cream to stiff peaks.
Fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture. Then the remaining whipped cream. Set aside.
Dip each ladyfinger into the coffee mixture for 1-2 seconds. Place in the bottom of a 9×13 inch (22X33cm) dish. If needed, break a few ladyfingers to fit them in the dish.
Spread half of the cream over the soaked ladyfingers.
Repeat with another layer of ladyfingers.
And spread the remaining cream on top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
Just before serving, dust with cocoa powder.
After dusting cut it into desired shape.
And serve the tiramisu.
• Whisking the egg yolks with the sugar over the bain-marie is optional. Traditionally, whisking the raw eggs yolks with sugar it’s totally fine. If you use fresh eggs, there is no danger. But, many people intimidate eating raw eggs so it’s up to you.
• Instead of heavy cream, you can use 4 egg whites. Beat to stiff peaks, then fold to the mascarpone mixture. This is the Italian traditional way. But, I find that the version with the heavy cream richer and much better. But, again, it’s up to you.
Tiramisu is easy to cook for you. I believe you will love this recipe so do try this recipe at home and share your experience with me. and if you have any query about the recipe then you can ask me in the comment box.