Everyone is a fan of pie. No matter whether its parties or some get together the very common dessert that finds its place irrespective of any festive occasion is pie. Fun doubles when we actually make them and then serve them in the parties with our own blend of flavours and taste. So don’t rely on bakeries when you can easily make better homemade chicken pot pie and serve them in just few steps. All you need to is spare a few time and observe the detailed steps carefully and in no time there will be a chicken pot pie recipe ready just to be served to your friends and family. So here are the steps to make chicken pot pie at home:
- 1 Sheet Store-Bought Puff Pastry, thawed
- 2 Large Carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 Large Onion, diced
- 2 Stalks of Celery, diced
- 1 ½ lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Frozen Pearl Onions, thawed
- 1 cup Frozen Peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 Egg, beaten with 1 tbsp of water to make the egg wash
- Wash chicken and cut into 1-inch pieces.
Take a deep pan and add olive oil to it then add chicken.
Add salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped onions, carrots and celery and cook them for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the veggies start to cook down and develop some color around the edges.
- Add the butter and stir until it melts, then add the flour and mix everything together.
- Add the chicken stock and the thyme and bring it to a boil, let it cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream.
Then add peas, pearl onions and season with salt and pepper to taste, let it cook for about 10 more minutes, meanwhile preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 4 large ovenproof bowls and set aside.
Take a puff pastry.
Roll out the puff pastry onto a lightly floured board.
Using the bowl as a guide, cut the dough into the same shape as the bowl making sure it’s about 1 inch bigger so it will stick to the sides.
Evenly distribute the filling between the bowls and using a pastry brush, brush the sides of the bowls with the egg wash and cover them with the puff pastry making sure to seal the sides against the bowl.
Make a little incision with wither a fork or knife so it doesn’t puff up and explode.
- Brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle them with a little salt and pepper.
- Place the filled bowls on a baking sheet and cook in the preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
After 25 minutes you will see it is baked well.
And our chicken pot pie is ready to eat.
Got the perfect partner of food for the parties and gatherings. Enjoy your own chicken pot pie.
Try this recipe at home it is a bit time consuming but very tasty. and let me know in the comment box if you have any queries about the recipe.